Five young adults spent a portion of their long weekend recovering in Chilliwack General Hospital after mixing a number of different drugs on Sunday afternoon at Cultus Lake.
Fraser Health said fentanyl doesn’t appear to be related to any of the overdoses.
WATCH: Fraser Health warning after spike in drug overdoses
Medical Health Officer Dr. Martin Lavoie said he isn’t sure, but the group were likely friends.
“They consumed different things, and a mix of different things as well and they ended up overdosing and in hospital because of that. It’s the long weekend, and sometimes young adults, they like to party hard and there are potential consequences.”
Two of the five are still in hospital but he expects all of them to fully recover.
He adds this is a good reminder that people shouldn’t mix drugs and should never take drugs while alone.
© 2017 Global News, a division of Corus Entertainment Inc.