It all came to an end on August 28, 2019. It was a plum thrown against a wall that did it. After 18 years, the most volatile band in the world came to an end.
Noel and Liam Gallagher were always fighting, but never like this. It was five minutes before a show in Paris. Words were exchanged, voices were raised, a guitar was destroyed, and violence was threatened. And the plum died, of course.
Noel stormed out, sat in a car for a new minutes and then left. Twp hours later, he issued a statement: “It’s with some sadness and great relief to tell you that I quit Oasis tonight. People will write and say what they like, but I simply could not go on working with Liam a day longer.”
Noel had bailed on Oasis before, but this time he meant it. And sine that night in Paris, he’s kept his word. No amount of money or pleading or demands or passive-aggressive banter from Liam has been able to change his mind.
Instead, Noel, has gone his own way both professionally and personally. And having spoken with him, I get the impression that he’s never been happier, more relaxed or more confident with the way his life is going.
Let’s get caught up with solo Noel by having a chat with the man himself.
Songs heard on this show
Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds, Holy Mountain
Noel Gallagher, Wonderwall (acoustic solo)
Oasis, Don’t Look Back in Anger
Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds, The Death of You and Me
Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds, In the Heat of the Moment
Oasis, Helter Skelter
We also have this playlist from Eric Wilhite.
The Ongoing History of New Music can be heard on the following stations:
- 102.1 The Edge/Toronto – Sunday at 7 pm
- Q107/Toronto – Sunday at 9 pm
- Live 88-5/Ottawa
- 107.5 Dave-FM/Kitchener – Sunday at 8p pm
- Big Kingston – Saturday and Sunday at 11 pm
- The Wolf, Peterborough – Sunday at 8 pm
- FM96/London – Sunday night at 7, Monday night at 11
- Power 97/Winnipeg – Sunday at 8 am
- Sonic 102.9/Edmonton
- The Zone/Victoria
- The Fox/Vancouver – Sunday at 11 pm
- WAPS/WKTL The Summit/Arkon, Canton, Cleveland, Youngstown The show runs at 11 am Sunday. This, by the way, is a great option for American listeners who are prevented from listening to the show live because of geo-blocking,
We’re still looking for more affiliates in Calgary, Kamloops, Kelowna, Regina, Saskatoon, Brandon, Windsor, Montreal, Halifax, Charlottetown, Moncton, Fredericton, and St John’s and anywhere else with a transmitter. If you’re in any of those markets and you want the show, lemme know and I’ll see what I can do.
If you ever miss a show, you can always get the podcast edition available through Apple Podcasts, Spotify or wherever you get your on-demand audio.
© 2019 Corus Radio, a division of Corus Entertainment Inc.